UPDATE: We'll update the program below as we go along
In addition to the two yearly Drupal conferences, DrupalCamps all over the world have become a major source of education, inspiration, and introductions for the Drupal Community.
This year, DrupalCon invites DrupalCon attendees to connect with participants from the larger tech community, members of other open-source projects, and each other for a day of unconference-style presentations and conversations.
If you're not attending one of the training sessions, please come along.
August 23rd has been set aside for an unconference at the main conference venue. This will be the perfect opportunity to connect with the local open source community, and to get a feel for what some of the other CMS projects are up to. We have invited representatives from the local open source CMS communities to help keep the discussion lively.
The unconference will be run BarCamp-style from 10am-5pm, so everyone who has something to share is encouraged to attend. We would like to feature talks on the following subjects (but, really, any tech-related talk is welcome):
- Integrating other languages with Drupal
- Best practices and standards compliance
- Case studies
- Thoughts on the future of Drupal
You will help decide the final schedule on the day of the conference.
This is how we roll:
1. Write a suggestion for a talk you want to do on the whiteboard.
2. We’ll vote later to decide
Schedule for now:
- 10.00 - We begin, intro to the day
- 10.30 - First talk - About Drupal, Joomla, Wordpress and what we can learn from them / Hagen
- 11.15 - TYPO3 talk / Christian Jul Jensen
- 12.00 - Lunch (go to the cafe below)
- 13.00 - Wordpress / Mark Gazel
- 13.45 - Drupal for beginners, by Andreas Haugstrup
- 14.15 - VOTE for the proposed talks
Talk is free (various sessions decided by popular vote):
VOTE NOW :-)
- 15.00 - 15.30 / Slot 1
- 15.40 - 16.20 / Slot 2
- 16.30 - 17.00 / Slot 3
- 17.00 - We’re done
The tentative schedule is shown below, but we won't decide on a final schedule before we to change that on the day of the unconference based on
We have picked four sessions to get the day started:
- Hagen Graf, who is writing a book on Drupal, Wordpress, and Joomla, will give a short introduction to the three CMSes.
- Christian Jul from the local TYPO3 community will give an introduction to TYPO3.
- Mark Thomas Gazel will talk about Wordpress and what we can learn from their community efforts.
- Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen will give an intro to Drupal for beginners.
In addition to the regular sessions, we'll provide plenty of space for coding projects and discussions.
This event is free to attend, but we do ask that you register in advance to give us a chance to manage the logistics of the day. We will not be providing lunch on this day, but there's a mini market and vending machines at the venue if you need a snack.